Envy is for use in 3 key areas:
- Where horses or cattle graze low input grassland
- To replace straight fluroxypyr for chickweed control
- For weed control in new sown leys
Envy controls buttercups, dandelions and other perennial weeds in paddocks and low productivity grassland. Envy has a short stock exclusion of just 7 days and no herbicide residue concerns in manure, which is very important in equine situations where manure is picked and used on gardens or allotments.
Use to replace straight fluroxypyr on chickweed where it is more effective in cooler conditions & at lower rates. Use before chickweed flowers.
An excellent solution for weed control in new sown leys. Apply any time between 1st Feb & 30th Nov at 1.5 L / ha
Envy comes in a 3 litre pack which treats 3.7 acres at 2.0 L / ha.
Best Use Advice
- In new sown leys apply to weeds which are small and actively growing
- Envy is a contact herbicide, so broad-leaved weeds not present at application will not be controlled
- If weeds grow beyond the ideal stage, consider cutting the sward and spraying the regrowth
- Allow 2-3 weeks after cutting before applications of Envy are made to allow sufficient regrowth
- Allow an interval of 4 weeks after application before cutting grass to optimise the effect of the herbicide
- Do not roll or harrow grass for 10 days before or 7 days after application
- Do not spray where clover or other legumes are a valuable constituent of the sward
- Grass seed can be stitched in 1 month after application
- Clover can be stitched in 3 months after application
- Grazing can resume after just 7 days
- This may need to be longer if foliage of poisonous weeds such as ragwort is present