With temperature conditions once again turning colder this spring, our fluroxypyr and florasulam co-forms, Spitfire® and Starane® XL, continue to offer the most robust and consistent control of the most economically damaging broad-leaved weeds.
The table below highlights the spectrum of Spitfire and Starane XL with suitable tank mix partners to complete the spectrum following an application of Liberator at 0.3 L/ha.
The two tank mix partners represent two options in spring cereals
- The opportunity to use two ALS broad-leaved weed partners due to no ALS graminicide
- A non ALS tank mix partner has no following crop restrictions – this is particularly important in the east where early establishment of winter OSR (August drilling) is one of the best cultural controls for CSFB.
|Complimentary weed spectrums||Liberator
|High Load Mircam||Tribenuron|
|Black bindweed||–||6 leaf||6 leaf||S||MS|
|Black nightshade||–||6 leaf||4 leaf||–||–|
|Charlock||S||< flower buds||200 mm||S||S|
|Cleavers||–||< flowering||250 mm||S||T|
|Groundsel||S||50 mm||50 mm||S||MS|
|Hemp nettle||–||6 leaf||6 leaf||T||MS|
|Knotgrass||–||3 leaf||6 leaf||S||MS|
|Mayweeds||S||< flowering||200 mm||S||S|
|Poppy||–||100 mm*||100 mm*||MS||S|
|Red deadnettle||S||2 leaf||2 leaf||T||MS|
|Shepherd’s purse||S||100 mm||80 mm||S||S|
|Thistle (creeping, from seed)||–||MS||2 TL||S||S|
|Vol beans||–||8 leaf||8 leaf||S||S|
|Vol OSR||S||< flower buds||100 mm||S||S|
|Weed beet||6 leaf||4 leaf||–||–|
- Excellent tank mixes
- Controls ALS resistant poppies and chickweeds
- No following crop restrictions
- Maintains control in cool conditions
® Trademark of the Dow Chemical Company (“Dow”) or an affiliated company of Dow. All other brand names are trademarks of other manufacturers for which proprietary rights may exist.